Sunday, October 28, 2007

Weekend Sketch challenge

I just happened to make this card last week and it turned out that Beate had this as her weekend sketch challenge! I {heart} the Holy Triptych stamp set- it absolutely beautiful! We'll be making a couple of cards with it at the Easy Holiday Cards Class and I think I'll use it for the Tags class in December!
Anyways, here's the card I made:






It is so sparkly!! I covered the angel's wings with Dazzling Diamonds glitter and she's stamped on Shimmery White cardstock. I made this card with someone very special in mind. You don't have to, but I created the layered oval to secure the card closed. Because it is a Z-fold, it doesn't really close tight all the way (although once you put it in an envelope, does it really matter?!) . Here's a close-up of the that:



I'm trying to catch up today since the boys and I have been down with a cold/sinus thing all week. I just finished making Ryan's sign for Halloween- he's going to be Linus from the Peanuts Gang and walk around with his "Welcome Great Pumpkin" sign. I'm so glad I saved the Tall Tales alphabet from last year! It was perfect for the lettering. Stay tuned for pictures from Halloween mid-week!
Have a wonderful Sunday!

3 comments:

Monica said...

Renee,

This is beautiful! I love the angel in pink. I don't have this set yet, but my mom does...and she just tole me I can borrow it! Thanks for sharing your beautiful work!

kjustintime said...

Renee,

I just love it and yes, I finally broke down and bought this set. Thanks so much for sharing!

Michelle said...

What a beautiful card Renee, I love this set too, but, I suck at coloring!