Saturday, May 26, 2007

I'm here in Ireland!

I've been here a week so far and it is beautiful!!! WE have the day to ourselves today...no touring on the bus. It is a much needed break. Of course it is pouring rain today, but we haven't had much rain up until this point. I'm sitting in an internet cafe on the Dingle Peninsula............I have been able to access a computer from every stop on our tour and it has been wonderful to be able to connect to Joe and the boys while I'm away. Most of the computers in the cafes have little cameras on them so they've been able to see me while we're instant messenging back and forth. Like I said before, the weather has been beautiful up until today.......very sunny, and warm- we've actually gotten a little sunburn a couple of days! It's made for wonderful sightseeing- especially on the Dingle Peninsula yesterday, where we took in the views of the Blaket Islands..it was stunning! I'll be showcasing some of the pictures I have taken as soon as I return home. Tomorrow we head to Galway for 2 nights, and then onto Northern Ireland for a few days. The time difference is 5 hours (ahead) so it has been a little tough getting adjusted. I kept my watch on home time, though, and my mom switched hers to Ireland time. That way, I can just look at my watch to see what's going on at home. Yesterday I received a text message from Joe that had a picture of Ryan in it- missing a tooth! He lost his first tooth yesterday..........sniffle, sniffle! I hope the Tooth Fairy came in my absence! Joe is doing a great job holding down the fort at home and I'm so proud of him. I miss them so much my chest hurts, though. Well, I'm gonna sign off- it's still very early at home and I doubt the boys are up yet, so I'll be checking bakc in at the internet cafe later today- there's not much else to do since it is raining. Have a wonderful week and I'll be back to update when I return home!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Oh Renee, I have been checking every day for news. I am so glad that you are having fun and enjoying all that you are seeing. Just remember tht the rest of the week will fly by and you will be home shortly. Enjoy! Can't wait to see your pictures and hear all about it. Thinking of you and your mom every day.