Tuesday, May 8, 2007

The card box

Here's the box I decorated to match the set of blank cards I'm giving my sister-in -law for her birthday. I bought a bunch of these boxes in the fall from Papermart.com and I made them for all of the boys' teachers for Christmas. They are the perfect size for a standard-sized card and they hold anywhere from 10-12 cards and envelopes, depending on the embellishments. I cut two strips (2-1/4 x 11) to cover the sides of the box lid, and two strips (1-3/4 x 12), which I scored at 3/4" and folded over the top and sides of the box to cover the top a little. I didn't actually cover the entire lid of the box with cardstock because I was putting a card-front on it. Make sense?




5 comments:

Allison said...

This is super...love the color scheme!

Michelle said...

This is awesome!

Cindy Keery said...

What a fantastic box!! I'd love to get some of these to make up sets of cards to give as gifts. Do you happen to have an item number or link to them? I did look around the papermart site, but they have soooo many different boxes. :-D

Thanks for sharing!

Melissa said...

Oooh! These are really cute!

Catherine said...

this is beautiful. you've been tagged. happy stampin' from montgomery, alabama.