Monday, April 23, 2007

Not enough time........................EVER!

I don't know about you, but lately I just feel like I can't get caught up. I am forever chasing my tail in circles.............
Last week was no exception. As most of you know, I am a manicurist (my real job) and I work two mornings a week and two evenings a week- most weeks. I am off on Fridays and the weekends. Since I started going to the gym in January, it has seriously cut into my "me" time in the mornings (when I usually do my stamping) when both boys are in school. I don't mind so much, though, since I am seeing results, S-L-O-W-L-Y, but I am seeing results. I've lost almost 20 pounds so far- which pales in comparison to my husband's 40lbs!!! Nobody even notices me because I probably seem bigger now since he's lost so much- LOL!!! He looks like a Rockstar, though, and I'm super proud of him!!! Anyway, I digress...................last Wednesday night Preston was running from the family room into the kitchen and banged his foot on the corner of the wall- OUCH!! Thursday morning when he woke up it was really swollen and bruised, but he wasn't complaining a whole lot so I buddy-taped his toes together and sent him off to school without another thought. When he came home he informed me about his day with the nurse. Apparently, he spent most of the day in her office with ice on it- why she didn't call me, I DON"T KNOW. I live across the street from the school for crying out loud! Anyway, he took off his shoe and his foot looked even worse. I called the Dr. and they took him right in............from there, we went to Radiology for the x-ray. They promptly informed us it was broken.......I felt horrible!! I am like the WORST mother in the world!! I sent him to school with a broken toe!! The Dr.'s decided he didn't need a Ortho consult and that I should give him Motrin and ice it every 20 minutes per hour. No flag football and no baseball - Pres was less than pleased. With three games this weekend, he was determined to be able to play by Sunday. I kept him home on Friday (mostly because I felt bad for sending him the day before-LOL!) and we did everything the Dr. said. By Sunday the bruises on his foot were almost invisible so I wrapped it tight and he suited up for his baseball game. He's the catcher, but Joe put him at first base instead and he hung in there for 5 innings with two great hits and a nice catch as well. Man do I love watching my kids play baseball.
Saturday morning Ryan had a game at 9:30 so we head over to the field. I was crossing the street with a bucket of balls and bats in one hand and bottled water in the other when I rolled my ankle on the side of the street- H-O-L-Y M-O-L-Y was that painful!! In fact, it was more painful than the embarrassment I felt laying in the street with the stuff I was carrying strewn all over the place. Thank goodness Joe and my mom were there cause I almost passed out from the pain. Joe thought for sure that I broke my ankle. Here's the worst part- all I could think of was all of my hard work at the gym gone down the tubes. I must have said something to that affect ( I don't really remember because I was on the verge of a blackout) when my mother, ever-so-gently reminded me that we leave for Ireland in four weeks and she could care LESS about the gym!!! It must have been a miracle.......it's not broken. To be honest, it doesn't even hurt. I don't know how......................it's really swollen and Joe makes me keep it wrapped, but I have no pain at all.
Needless to say, I haven't stamped a whole lot- which is KILLING ME!!! I have Stamp Club this Friday night so I'm busy preparing for that this week. I think I need to do an all-nighter so I can stamp for myself!!!

I promise I'll post something later in the week that I've actually stamped!!!

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Here's a different blog game for you! You have to list 7 facts about yourself and then tag 7 other bloggers! So... Tag You're it!