Sunday, April 29, 2007

Kathy's birthday

So my Sister-in-law will be celebrating her 40th birthday on Friday and I need to get my card in the mail (they live in Florida). This is what I came up with. I didn't buy the Office Accoutrement set in the Spring Mini at first, but I have to say it is growing on me and I'm glad I got it. I don't have many sets like this and I'm trying to breakout of that comfort zone, ya know?



This is a little different layout for me. I started with a piece of Cool Caribbean that I cut to 41/4 x 9. I then scored it at 5 1/2. I layered a piece of Old Olive on the inside at 4 x 5 1/4. I used a leftover square of Designer Series paper (Polka Dots & Paisley) from my club meeting the other night and trimmed it to 3 1/4 x 4 and adhered it to the front fold. I then cut a piece of Whisper White to 3 5/8 x 2 7/8 and stamped it with the large and small flowers in the Office Accoutrement set. I used the one of the sayings in the It's Your Birthday set and glittered the centers of my small flowers. I added the button last. The ribbon is from May Arts. I really, really, really hope Stampin' Up! starts carrying some polka-dotted organdy- it is so cute! So, that is that. It was nice to sit quietly in my stamp room and stamp tonight. Joe laid down after dinner since he didn't get a whole lot of sleep today (baseball game and flag football) and the boys were asleep.


On another note - Preston re-injured his broken toe at the baseball game today, so I'm hoping that it doesn't need to be x-rayed again this week. I think it just really *smarted*, ya know? He's a catcher and was making a play at the plate and and the runner slid right into his broken toe- OUCH! He dropped like a sack of potatoes and I took off for the snack stand for some ice- he was out for the rest of the game- what a bummer! Let's hope he's ready to go by Thursday. It wasn't swollen or anything so I think he's gonna be okay. What's worse- my brother was taking continuous photos and actually got a pic of it. Here it is, but I cropped out everything but the kids' feet- I don't have permission to put pictures of anyone else's kids on my blog so I cropped it down. O.U.C.H.! It's his left baby-toe...........


No comments: