Monday, April 16, 2007

Club Projects







I've been finishing up my stamp club projects these last few days and I think I'm just about wrapped up. I'm not sure about putting the pictures of the ones they'll actually be making, but I thought I'd share one of the ones I made as a sample last night. They're going to be making Chipboard Coaster tri-fold frames. They seem really complicated, but they are super easy to do! This one that I made focuses on a couple of pictures I took of the boys on Saturday at Opening Day. Preston didn't have a game, but Ryan had his first "official" game and Preston coached first base for Joe and I. Even though we only have seven kids on the team, it's sometimes hard to manage them all on the field. And for most of them it is their very first experience with the game of baseball so you have to remind them that actually have to RUN once they hit the ball- it is hysterical!!! Ryan, on the other hand, has been practicing with Preston since he was about 2 years old so he's got some experience. Sometimes I feel bad that he has to play t-ball this year because he could easily move up and play with the older kids, but everyone has to do a year of t-ball- it's the rules. he doesn't mind though- anything that gets him on the field is fine in his world! He LOVES baseball! He eats, sleeps and breathes it. He's so serious (as you can tell from the picture) and he enjoys every minute of being on the field- it's wonderful to see!

I took the original pictures in color, but I use the Goole photo software, Picasa, and was able to tint the pictures to match my project and print them out like that- it worked GREAT!

As for the other cards that stamp club will be making this month, you'll have to wait till after the 27th. Here's a hint- they'll be working with Pearl-ex and bottle caps. I have to give a BIG thank you to my upline, Gail, who is the BEST! She shares all of her fabulous talent with every member of her downline and let's use anything she does. The two cards that the club will be making this month are cards that Gail showed me this past month- they are wonderful! She is THE most talented woman I have ever met and she constantly inspires me. She is so genuine and caring- I'm honored to be a part of her downline.

2 comments:

Janet said...

Renee....this project rocks! Gotta love opening day...and how on earth did Preston get so old???

beate said...

Great coaster frame! Love it!