Sunday, April 29, 2007

Chipboard Coasters

Are these things addictive or what?! My first stamp club made a tri-fold frame on Friday night and I decided they would make great teacher gifts for the end of the year- so I made TEN of them yesterday afternoon ( no baseball since the fields are under-water). Here are some pics of them:





These are 4X4 thin chipboard coasters- I bought them from my upline, who had to buy something like 1000 of them! Another member of our Downline group, Monica (she's WONDERFUL!) found the hinges and the best price on those, so I then purchased them from her. I cut my Designer Series paper into 4x4 squares and adhered it using the Anywhere Glue Stick. Sure, you could use Modpodge, but why? It's a little messy and takes a bit of time to dry- the Anywhere Glue Stick works GREAT- you just need to be liberal about it. I embossed the sentiment using Craft inks and clear embossing powder- worked like a charm!

When the club made them we didn't cover the back of the chipboard with anything- so you could see ribbon and the back of the brads. I don't think it makes much difference since they really are meant for a shelf and you won't really be seeing the backs of them, ya know what I mean? However, for the teacher ones I did cover the back with additional designer paper- just in case they wanted to display it on their desks or something- I'm one of those anal people that is bothered by the backs of brads showing - I never put them on a card-front unless there is a layer behind them- it's just wanna of those things for me.


I even made one for the male principal at the other school that Ryan goes to twice a week for the Kindergarten After-care program- minus the frill. I couldn't help myself- I still tied a piece of ribbon around the hodgepodge piece, but it's a stitched grosgrain and I think it's a tad more masculine. Whatta ya think?




Here are the ones the Stamp Club made:





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Renee...they are beautiful! Great work...I like them all. Janet

Mary Anne in NJ said...

Renee: So it worked well covering the back of the chipboards? I'm really thinking of them for the shower I told you about, or for gifts..but I, too, don't like the unadorned backs..not if I'm giving it as a gift..I LOVED making these at your Friday night stamp club..it was an awesome night of stamping..!