Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Another GREAT recipe!

This one was given to me by cousin, Jennifer. It is the BEST cake I've ever had! It was requested by my friend, MaryAnne- this one's for you!

Cinnamon Sour Cream Cake

3 cups flour
2 cups sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 8 oz container sour cream
4 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
2 and a 1/2 sticks of softened butter (1 1/4 cups)
1 10 oz bag of cinnamon chips
2 Tbs flour
powdered sugar

1) heat oven to 350 and grease and flour a 12 cup fluted tube pan
2) combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl
3) beat sour cream, eggs, and vanilla, with a fork or wire wisk in medium bowl
4) add butter and sour cream mixture to the flour mixture and beat on low speed until well mixed; then beat on high for 2 minutes(batter will be thick)
stir cinnamon chips and the 2 tbspns of flour until chips are coated; then gently stir them into the batter. pour the batter into the prepared pan
bake 60-70 minutes until lightly browned or toothpick comes out clean. cool completely and then invert onto a serving plate. sprinkle with powdered sugar

YUM! This cake doesn't last 48 hours in my house! The cinnamon chips are hard to find, but I did finally find them at Wegmans- ya gotta love that store!

1 comment:

Mary Anne in NJ said...

Thanks for the recipe! Hope its as good when I make it..!
I love that card..simple, but elegant..why don't I think of things like that? But the more classes I come to of yours, the better I'm getting..!