Sunday, March 18, 2007

Crabby birthday



Here's one of the other cards the girls will make this afternoon! This was an awesome technique for a different style opening that was shown at Leadership in January. I followed the directions on Beate's blog and it was super simple! It looks harder than it actually is! I used the Crab & Company stamp set, featured in the Spring mini and some more of that fabulous Designer Series paper from the Polka Dots & Petals collection. I colored the crab image using Blender Pens and the puddle of ink in the lid of the ink pad. I first colored him all in using Cool Caribbean ink, then I added more color where I wanted it using Taken with Teal. I gave him googly eyes cause he just asked for them! To create the opening, you use the 1 1/4" circle punch and a half-circle where you want it to go (it's easier if you turn the punch over so you can see where you're punching!)on the top fold of the card. Then stamp your desired image (in this case, the cake in the shell) onto a scrap of cardstock and punch that using the 1 1/4" circle punch. Cut the layer using the 1 3/8 circle punch and put a Dimensional on the back. Hold the card closed, remove the paper backing from the Dimensional and place the punched out circle onto the card so that the outer edge covers the half circle, thus creating a secure closure. Make sense? I promise, it's alot easier to do than it is to explain! But head on over to Beate's blog and check out the tutorial- it's wonderful!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Love it!

Beate said...

Renee, your crabby card looks wonderful! I love it!