Saturday, March 3, 2007

Baby Shower


Here's the little gift card I made to go with my shower gift. One of my clients (and I use the term very loosely since most of them have been with me for so long that their more like family) is having her first baby. I'm so fortunate to have my clients (again, loosely) in my life-most of these women have known me for fifteen years or more. They were with me through the births of both of the boys-many of them at my baby showers. And they've also been there through some difficult times in my life. I cherish them and love them all deeply. Anywho.... Robin's shower is this afternoon, and I used the little gift cards and envelopes that Stampin'Up! sells. They are super cute and super simple! This went together in just a few minutes!~ there's not alot of room for embellishments on these tiny cards, so I had to make a "fake" layer. I punched a giga square shape out of cardstock and used the negative image for the square around the teddy bear. I finger-daubered Barely Banana ink all around the stamped image (with the template in place) and then lifted it off- viola!

2 comments:

Peggy Maier said...

Cute card - & I love the way you created the "fake" layering. Very creative!

Allison said...

This is terrific...I love your one layer card!