Sunday, February 4, 2007

Recipe of the Day


So, I have to share this one! Have I mentioned how much I LOVE Wegmans? Well, I do! I shop there every week, and I actually cover my Menu Magazine with clear contact paper so it doesn't get ruined! Today I made the chili recipe that was in their sale paper last week. It's fabulous! And I'm not a chili lover, but I have to admit, this on is
G-O-O-D!!
Here's how you make it :


1 Tbsp vegetable oil

3 lbs 90% Lean Ground Beef

Salt to taste

2 pkgs (8 oz each) Food You Feel Good About Cleaned & Cut Chopped Onions

1 pkg (8 oz each) Food You Feel Good About Diced Green Peppers and Onions

3 cloves Food You Feel Good About Peeled Garlic, minced

4 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce

7 Tbsp (about 2 oz) chili powder

2 tsp ground cumin

2 tsp oregano

1 can (15.5 oz) Wegmans Dark Red Kidney Beans, drained and rinsed

1 can (15.5 oz) Italian Classics Cannellini Beans, drained and rinsed

2 btls (12 oz each) Wegmans Chili Sauce

1 bottle (12 oz) beer or 1 can (14.5 oz) beef broth

Heat vegetable oil on MEDIUM-HIGH; brown ground beef, 8-10 min. Add salt to taste.
Add chopped onions, green peppers, and garlic. Cook, stirring, 3-5 min.
Add Worcestershire sauce; cook 3 min.
Reduce heat to MEDIUM; stir in chili powder, cumin, oregano; cook 5 min.
Reduce heat to LOW; add kidney beans, cannellini beans, chili sauce, beer (or broth); simmer for 30 min, stirring occasionally.
Option: Garnish with cheddar cheese.


It smells great in the house this afternoon! I was planning on making it for the Super Bowl, but Joe had to work a double so I probably won't even watch it.That's okay, though, cause I have some stamping I'd like to do.

I'll leave you with a picture from last weekend...........this is what I was doing a week ago today...........boy, do I wish I was back in Florida! it's freezing here this weekend!

1 comment:

Janet said...

Hey Renee! I know...don't you just LOVE Wegmans? I saw that Chili recipe and almost made it, but the kids wanted Taco Dip instead. I'll have to try that one. Talk to you soon...