Friday, February 9, 2007

Monkey Valentine


Have you ever woken up with an idea about a card/ project? That happened to me this morning! I awoke at 6:30 with an idea for Ryan's valentine's and I couldn't get back to sleep, so I had to come down to my stamp room and make this tag. I kinda had an idea of what I wanted, but it hadn't come full circle yet- until this morning. I had ordered a 2-line personalized stamp from Stampin'Up last week because I knew I was gonna use this monkey set. When they're all finished, I'll take a picture of the final project, but since I'm using real bananas, I cant put them together until the last minute. I had some of these large white shipping tags I had purchased a couple of years ago (and was hoarding............*wink*). I stamped the Linen background onto the tag using Creamy Caramel ink. Then I stamped the hearts, in Ruby Red ink, from the Monkey Business stamp set over top. I sponged the edges of the tag in caramel also. I stamped the monkey onto a white scrap, using Basic Brown ink, and punched it out using my Mega Giga scalloped circle punch. I sponged the edges of the circle using Ruby Red, and sponged all around the monkey image using caramel ink (it was too stark in contrast with the tag). I stamped the bananas onto a white scrap by inking with summer sun, then rolling the edges (Rock-n-Roll technique) in Creamy Caramel ink and added it to the monkey image using Dimensionals. I also popped up the scalloped circle using Dimensionals. I tore the bottom of the tag (just cause it was a bit too long), and stamped my personalized greeting across the bottom. I removed the string that was through the top hole of the tag and added the grosgrain instead.

1 comment:

Allison said...

This looks so very cute...a neat idea for a non-traditional valentine!