Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Cupcakes..........

Okay..............I've never made cupcakes from scratch before. The recipe is DELICIOUS!! However, my baking skills are lacking! I had to throw the first batch away because the recipe says to fill the cupcake liners two-thirds of the way up- BIG SPILL all over my oven.......UGH. I did not have time for this today!! The second batch came out better, but they don't look like the box ones that I've made in the past. They are very flat on top...............
The icing was a whole 'nother story!! It was a disaster!! Very tasty, but not what I had envisioned ................so I won't be posting a pic of them, but I will share the recipe!
Here ya go!

1-3/4 cups of Cake Flour
1-1/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
2 cups sugar
2 TBS.baking powder
3/4 tsp. salt
1 cup unsalted butter, cut into 1-inch cubes
4 large eggs
1 cup whole milk
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake pans with paper liners; set aside. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment,combine flours, sugar, baking powder, and salt; mix on low speed until combined.Add butter, mixing until just coated with flour. In a large glass measuring cup, whisk together eggs, milk, and vanilla. With mixer on medium speed, add wet ingredients in 3 parts, scraping down the sides of the bowl before each addition; beat until ingredients are incorporated, but do not over beat. Divide batter among liners, filling half-way (learned from experience!). Bake 17-20 minutes, until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.

No comments: