Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Bucket of Bananas

So apparently, there is a problem with bananas in South Jersey this week! I went to six..........count em', six different grocery stores in search of bananas yesterday and last night! Every store I went to had bananas, but they were all GREEN! I couldn't believe it! I finally ended up buying Organic ones for 89 cents a pound!! And for what??? Today we had a snow day!!! Oh well! I guess I could've bought the green ones, cause by the time these kids get to eat them, they would've been yellow! Geesh!!!!! Anyways, here's a couple of pics of the final project...........we put four Hershey kisses in the bottom of each bag..........you gotta have chocolate on Valentine's Day!











ETA: I should say that the reason they are getting bananas is because the State of New Jersey is implementing this nutrition act in the schools and the kids are not really allowed to be given anything with sugar listed as one of the top 3 ingredients. I think they only can have special treats on designated occasions (i.e.- Halloween, Christmas, and Easter parties). Hope I don' get caught for the Hershey kisses! LOL!

3 comments:

Allison said...

These are super...but, I don't know how happy a kid I would have been with a healthy valentine...ha!

Peggy Maier said...

Neat Idea - that way the kids don't figure out it's really healthy! I like it. There aren't many kids who don't like bananas!

Gina said...

These tags were adorable on the first post, but the finished product is AMAZING! Love, love, love them. May have to steal the idea for craft day next year! Gotta get me that monkey stamp. Keep 'em coming, Renée!