Thursday, January 18, 2007

Gray's Anatomy


This is my favorite show...........I live for Thursday nights! The whole storyline with George's dad has been a difficult one for me these last two weeks. For those of you who don't know, I lost my Dad last January 28th (2006)to cancer. The situation with George's dad, and family, completely mirrored what we went through last year. Tonight was so hard.......I felt like I was re-living the whole thing over again. The only difference was that my Dad was never intubated.........he was conscious and was able to make the decision not to be. Even though it was difficult to hear him say those words, I'm grateful that he wasn't because we were able to speak with him right up until the end. It was the longest week of my life......that last one. When George said that he didn't know how to exist in a world that didn't include his Dad....................that's how I felt. I've learned, though, this last year, that he is very much with me (and my boys!), and even though sometimes I miss him so much my heart aches, he is in a better place and is not suffering anymore. I will say a prayer tonight for every family that is going through something this difficult.........it's the hardest thing I've ever dealt with. I loved my Dad................

3 comments:

stampylisa said...

Renee, I so totally understand. I lost my dad in Florida to an 8 day battle, where he walked in w/"bronchitis" and was diagnosed in stage 4 cancer. George's words could have been mine too. Oh that show just hits you in the gut sometimes. and to top it off, I was watching w/my mom, who turned away when that happened. She couldnt' watch and I couldn't not watch. Peace and hugs from a fellow SU demo and GA fan.

emilymomto3boys said...

Oh your post totally teared me up! I just watched that episode while I was stamping yesterday. I am sorry for your loss.

Anonymous said...

Renee,
You made me cry! Something that is hard to do! As you know, I lost Billy, to asthma 12 years ago! You never get over it, even though he was my brother, and not my dad, the loss is still there! If you ever need a shoulder..or an ear...I am here!
Jill (Trueland) Rooney
Mom to Maggie, Brigid, Colleen, Frankie and Liam!