Sunday, January 14, 2007

The Eagles............

I'll admit, I'm not a big Eagles fan. It's not like I don't like watching football, I do, it's just that I'm not a die-hard fan. I like to watch a good game. It's hard not to get caught up in all the excitement when your home team makes it to the playoffs, though. So last night we watched the Eagles............................LOSE. It was a close game, but they didn't win. Where am I going with this you ask? Well, football season brings to mind one of my family's favorite things to eat- Buffalo Chicken Dip. It's a recipe that was shared with me by my cousin, Christine, and everyone raves about it! My family thought I was nuts when I made it this last time because I was taking pictures each step of the way..............they just didn't get it. Anyway here's the recipe:


4 boneless chicken breasts
12 oz jar of hot sauce (Red Hot)
2 - 8oz blocks of cream cheese
16oz jar of ranch salad dressing
1/2 cup of chopped celery
1/2 cup of blue cheese
8 oz shredded cheddar cheese

First, you shred the chicken in a 13 x 9 dish and pour the hot sauce over it.









next, you melt the cream cheese and the ranch dressing together in a saucepan over med/low heat until it's all combined. Then you pour it over the chicken.




next, you sprinkle it with the chopped celery..............





then you add the blue cheese over top of that..............




then you add the shredded cheddar..................





now bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes............................



YUM! Serve it with celery sticks and tortilla chips!

1 comment:

Janet said...

Oh my word! I am sooooo going to copy/paste that and print it out. It looks amazing! Thanks for sharing it and congrats on the new blog :)